Playing with Paper

So many yummy papers, so little time.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Happy Birthday!!

Hello Friends!!

Today A Blog Named Hero (ABNH) is playing with Simon Says Stamp (SSS) to celebrate our birthday!! Woohoo! If you didn't know, SSS sponsors every challenge we have at ABNH. They are wonderfully generous and supportive and we're excited to celebrate!



Above: I'm loving the Hero Arts "Year Round Sentiments" lately. It has been fitting my card needs! The sentiment and heart are from that set. The speech bubble and the polka dot are from SSS "For the Record" along with the coordinating die set, "Talk Bubbles".

The yellow and red mats are the same ink color as the speech bubble and heart, HA Raspberry Jam and Poppy. Yummy!

 Above: you saw me use the SSS "Square Sayings" on an earlier card, well, I had to get the circle die/stamp set too ("Circle Friends" stamp set and "Tri Circle" die)! I spent too long on this card, the circles are supposed to make things easy but then I had to go and over think everything. I should have remembered, KISS!! (keep it simple, silly!)

 Above: my favorite! How cute is that house?? Love it! The stamp set is SSS "Where Your Heart Is" and the die set is "Where the Heart Is". So fun! The grass is from a Lawn Fawn set! Colored with copics, glossy accents on the windows and some yummy Timeless Twine! So fun!

 I had SO much fun playing with SSS's exclusive stamp/die sets! They are so fun! 

I also used linen vellum cardstock on all 3. I might be obsessed! It's fun to color on (you don't really blend, but you get this cool look from the texture). Super easy to stamp on and super easy to play with! I got mine at Papertrey Ink.

Head over to A Blog Named Hero to see other fabby creations! There are prizes!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa


8 comments:

snappy scrappy said... Best Blogger Tips

All are super cute, love the vowel one!!

Miriam Prantner said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable cards! Love how you used the SSS goodies. I think my favorite is that last one. Loving the twine and the coloring!

~amy~ said... Best Blogger Tips

You're one busy chickie! Awesome cards!!

Tina said... Best Blogger Tips

Your cards are so lovely Mel. Just love your creativity.

Annette said... Best Blogger Tips

wow you sure do know your stamps girl.. these are amazing..great color combos and awesome stamping..

Hope all is well with you..

Michelle Liimatainen said... Best Blogger Tips

Absolutely WONDERFUL cards!!!!! You are so talented. That first one is my all time fave. So simple, yet so perfect! Love the colors too!

~Tammy~ said... Best Blogger Tips

Ok, so the first one is totally awesome! It's just so fun and so sweet!

The others rock! Your coloring is amazing, your layouts are amazing....well you are just amazing!

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Not sure how I missed these when they first came up -- love them! Your fave is my fave, too! So cute! I love those house images! Really fun! :)