Playing with Paper

So many yummy papers, so little time.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hey Girl

Have you ever started a card, then like 2 hours later, you can't see your desk and you're not really sure how to get the idea you drew from the sketch into an actual card? This was that card :)






A window card. Of course my mind wants to come up with something super creative. But, let's face it, it's a window. Just make a card and have fun :)

I made a grid 3 x 3 and drew 1" circles then either punched them or used my circle cutter. For the frame, I punched a 1" circle then punched a 1 1/4" circle around the 1" circle to get the 1/4" frame. I colored the white 1/4" frame with Faded Jeans Distress Marker.

Thanks for stopping by!
Melissa

Paper: Basic Grey Lauderdale 6x6 paper pad
Stamps: Hero Arts: Bird Branch Alpha, Write Your Message, Lauderdale Floral & Cling Dots
Chipboard: Basic Grey Lauderdale
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
Marker: Distress, Faded Jeans

11 comments:

Lisa Carroll said... Best Blogger Tips

Melissa, this is cool! Love all the little windows! And I can certainly commiserate with the 'expolding desk' situation, haha!

lenny said... Best Blogger Tips

Cute card!
I love all the little "windows".
Very nice!

Stephanie @ A Steph-Made Life said... Best Blogger Tips

This turned out beautiful! I love all the fun colors and the windows are great!! Thanks for playing along with us! :)

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Melissa, I think this card is super-fun! Love all your windows! And your circles impress me -- I always have the darnedest time with them!!! How'd you do the hearts in top right/lower left? Are they punched and the coated in glossy accents?

Super-cute! :)

Mary Dawn said... Best Blogger Tips

so. many. windows. so. much. math. LOL thanks so much for playing along with our Challenge #2 at A Blog Named Hero

Wee Von said... Best Blogger Tips

I really like this card, amazing how you cut those windows. Love them.

Suzanne Russell said... Best Blogger Tips

Just too darn cute! There is a LOT of work in this little masterpiece. How fun it would be to receive this in the mail and just enjoy every window? Thanks for the inspiration!

Yainea said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey! I think this is very creative! When I think about a window card I just imagine ONE window! I love that each window has a cute and different element inside and I love the bright colors you used :)

Simone Naoum said... Best Blogger Tips

Melissa this is so cool! Love all those windows! A great card!

Disp6194 said... Best Blogger Tips

I think we all can relate to the messy desk situation:) If it's any consolation your card is super cute!

Karen B. said... Best Blogger Tips

I chuckled out loud reading your post as you just described my creative process and crafty area to a t. I think your card turned out amazing, what a wonderful mix of patterns and colors. Nothing conflicts or fights for attention, which is utterly awesome.